Monday, April 6, 2015

The Tonal Value

During the second lesson, we are given the tutorial about pencil shading which is called "Tonal Values. It is a drawing technique that can be used to create a strong sense of space and form. It can be created by using either pencil or color pencil drawings. 
We were asked to explore on different grade of pencils from lighter grade pencils such as H, HB,F, B to darker grader pencils such as 2B to 8B. I start by shading the area I wish to be light and gradually use a darker shade pencils to shade the darker area until I achieve the variation and intensity of tone I desire. 
Besides that, we are required to sketch the tonal values by using different rendering techniques such as Hatching, Cross- Hatching, Scribbling and Stippling we had learnt. Below are some of the works I have done.

Example of Hatching
Example of Cross-Hatching
Example of Scribbling
Example of Stippling

No comments:

Post a Comment